Monday, November 04, 2002
Exciting news!

The announcements told me this morning that audition sheets will be available tomorrow at lunch for the new Sears Drama Festival production! Shirley gets another crack at being a star. In a perfect world, I'd be on Broadway earning a living, not going to university and learning how to succeed in the business world. But I'm excited nonetheless. Being Cavale last year was sooo good, fantalicious in fact. If anyone has enough extra time to read a play, pick up Sam Sheperd's Cowboy Mouth.
Parental discretion is advised: LOTS of swearing. The *first* word is a bad one.
So tonight I get to start working on my favourite monologue from Christopher Durang's Laughing Wild. It's all about a woman who punches some guy in the supermarket over a can of tuna fish. It's good stuff.

*brief pause as Shirley attempts to win some Boxcar Racer tickets*

Dangit, busy signals again.

*another pause as Shirley attempts to win some Casby tickets*

Oy! I never win anything off the radio, and it's become such an important goal to me now. I never used to care about calling in to stations to get free stuff, but Greg and Meghan have turned me into some sort of avid concert go-er. Speaking of which, Tegan and Sara are coming to Toronto!

*Shirley goes giddy*

However, a concert on a Sunday night? My attendance is unlikely. Sooo...off to Hamilton we go on a Saturday to see them. Yay! A roadtrip! I hope Edge gives away tickets and I win them! Not only do I get to see them for free, but I will have earned Nikhil's respect. He's never won anything off the radio before, and he thought I did once and much respect was given my way. But I really didn't win anything, in fact, I lined up outside in the cold for 5 and a half hours to get them. The respect was taken back, despite the fact I deserved it! Hello! 5.5 hours! It even rained for a little bit!
It all paid off in the end, because I got to see Treble Charger and Our Lady Peace! It was a very good concert, even though my seats SUCKED.

Anyhoo, there is much work to do tonight considering I was here all of yesterday. But first, I think I will continue to callous my fingers and practice the new guitar songs I learned today! Thanks Brian!