Sunday, November 03, 2002
Finally! Shirley has officially decided to jump onto the bandwagon. *jumps* Whee!

Blog.

I've resisted the urge to do so for about a year now, and it was especially difficult when most of my friends were parading their Live Journals in my face. However, this morning I felt the most incredible urge to blog. And I absolutely had to do it. I totally gave in. And so, despite the fact that I know nothing about websites, webpages, the internet or computers, here I am. Heck, I barely know anything about blogging.

Therefore, a warning: I'm not here to entertain.

I'm here to place my thoughts on screen. I talk an awful lot, and if you can fathom it, I think more than I talk. I don't put pen to paper much anymore even though I've been writing in diaries/journals since I was in the third grade. I noticed that I haven't been writing like I used to...fewer streams of consciousness, more poetry. Or rather, attempts at it. I need some way to keep track of myself, my life. So this morning I said to myself, "Self, you need to be more like Moadonna. (More expressing yourself, not more cone bras.) Bring your life to the internet and share it with the public. Rant. Rave. Type."

And so I am.

If you even call it typing. It's more like pecking at the keyboard with four fingers (and my thumbs to hit the spacebar). But believe me, you don't know who I am. Nor will you find out just by visiting regularly either (although I'd like it immensely if you did). This is my third attempt at putting my life on the internet. I tried a webpage over the summer, even Live Journal...they say third time's a charm. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Why make your life public? Am I really that interesting that I feel the need to share it? Who knows? Perhaps it's simply a fad that will fade...perhaps by sharing I will discover something...learn.

This is another one of those impulse things; last April I bought a guitar just because I felt like it. Now I want to be a rock star. Who knows what this will lead to.