Saturday, November 16, 2002
Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets

Advanced tickets burning a hole in my wallet since last Sunday, skipping the DECA awards ceremony, waiting in line for an hour to get good seats, reading The Chamber of Secrets in two days as review...my Harry Potter experience wrapped into a neat little package.
The movie was great (!), I highly recommend it to every Harry Potter fan out there and even those who don't like Harry because I think that you might just change your mind. There were lots of flashy special effects to wow the kids (and probably scare them too), a couple good jokes the adults would appreciate, and a mizillion reasons to love Ronald Weasley even more than you already do.
The first thing you'll probably notice: "Has puberty hit these kids hard or what?!" Draco is now taller than Harry and Ron's voice is way down there with Barry White's. Although I enjoyed it thoroughly, I think it pales in comparison to the first movie. Events seemed a bit choppy, even for me who was still reading the book in the theater to make sure I could tell what the movie skipped out on. To the people who haven't read the books, the movie must've seemed like it jumped around a lot without explaining anything.
Regardless, Harry Potter is still my hero.