Wednesday, November 20, 2002
Medea, Like You've Never Seen Her Before

So I finally got the chance to pick up my script for the Sear's Drama Festival production today. I was super excited because it's about Medea, and I recently learned the myth of Jason, plus, it's written by Christopher Durang who is also the author of my tuna fish monologue. Boy, I'm in for some interesting work....

Here are some excerpts from the play that I will be performing:

Chorus:
O woe, o woe, o woe,
We are so upset we speak in unison,
So pitiful, so wretched, so doomed,
...
Here she comes now.
Wooga. wooga, wooga.


Later on....

Chorus:
Aaaaaaagghghghghghghgghhhhh!
O smart women, foolish choices, Stop the insanity! Stop the insanity! You can eat one slice of cheese, or sixteen baked potatoes! Make up your mind.


And then....

Chorus:
O miserable mother, to destroy your own increase, murder the babes of your body. The number you have reached is not in service at this time. Call 777-FILM.

Finally....

Chorus and Medea:
Medea's happy the whole day long,
Oh the do da day!
Things will be just fine,
No need to kill her children,
Medea's feeling happy now,
Oh the do da...
Oh the do da,
Zeus and Buddha,
They're as nice as
Dionysus,
Oh the do da
Work it through da,
Oh the do da, do da, do da day!


*Shirley buries head in hands*

What does it all mean?! Gaaaahhhhhhh!