Saturday, December 21, 2002
All I Want For Christmas

I was catching up on the Economist & Sun this morning and I caught the annual publishing of kids' letters to Santa. Here are a few of my favourites:

I hope in your eyes I have been good! How are your reindeer?
Does the weather look good?
I don't want anything for Chrsitmas. Instead, could you make my mom's friend Charlotte get better from cancer?
How is Mrs. Claus? Also, could you give my share of presents to needy children?
How are the elves and how many are there? Enjoy and write me soon.
I love you, Mrs. Claus, reindeer and the elves as much as ever.

P.S. If you have any extra time, could you bring me a puppy. I really want one. I love you guys!


Emily Laevens
Markham

When I first wrote to you all I wanted was to come to your house for a sleepover. But after talking with my sisters I would like a Barbie house, a Barbie doll, a Barbie pot, a Barbie scarf, an Elf and a metal fish like my sister has.

Halli Dekker, 4 1/2
Stouffville

Hi, I would like an X-box for Christmas.
What are you doing today? Is Mrs. Claus baking cookies for the big trip? If she is baking cookies, you are very lucky. I like cookies very much.


Christopher Wong
Markham

Please buy me stockings.
I love you.
Please bring me a present.
P.S. Mommy helped me write this. I am only three years old.
Maegen is only one yer old and like dollies.


Michael and Maegan Daffern
Stoufville

I am Lief and I am good, Santa Claus.
I would like a castle.


Lief Johnson
Stouffville


The last time I wrote to Santa Claus at the North Pole, he never replied. The time before that, I was in the 3rd Grade when I wrote to Santa. I asked for a computer. Some 5th Grader from down the hall replied and said no because it wouldn't fit in the bag. Damn him. I asked to further and enrich my education and he said no.
There's no bitterness here.