Wednesday, December 25, 2002
White Christmas

Can you believe my wish came true? I woke up this morning to see the fulffy white stuff everywhere and I was overjoyed! I don't tell people I'm psychic for no reason! My first white Christmas in what must have been 3, 4 years, and it was wonderful.

Ice skating at Nathan Phillips Square today was the best way to celebrate Christmas. For the first 45 minutes I was less than graceful, crashing into about 4 people, but never falling, not once. After getting the hang of it I was reminded of my love for skating. For the first time in years, I was physically taking part in the sport and not watching professional athletes at the Olympics. It became so easy, it was like walking...taking very slow, long strides and simply gliding. I felt so free, almost like I was flying believe it or not. And as a bonus, it was still snowing, big fluffly flakes falling ever so slowly onto my hair and sticking to my eyelashes. It was beautiful. I must do it again before the break is over.

On the way back, the car windows were really fogged up, and hilarity ensued.

Uncle: Okay you guys, you've got to stop breathing! *chuckle*
Cousin Michael: *imagine extreme innocence* We have to stop breathing?
Me: *big smile*
Michael: *worried look* Why?
Me: Because the windows are all fogged up. *reassuring smile*

A few seconds later I hear gasping.

Michael: *gasp gasp* I don't think I can do it!

You had to be there.