Friday, January 03, 2003
Biker Babe

9:30 am
Me: Mmm....toast...so crispy and buttery...so good....
Toast: Yeah? That's what you think!
Me: *chew chew chew* Mmm...the corner is the best part....
Toast: Hey! Look over here! I have green fuzzy spots!
Me: *whimper* MOMMY!

Little did I know, moldy toast doesn't actually affect you in any major way. I only lost my appetite for a few hours.

But that's not the most exciting part of my day (thank goodness), today was the day I went to the North American International Motorcycle Show! Thanks to Bruce and Karen, otherwise, I wouldn't have known that the thing existed! I've never seen so much leather and testosterone in one place before. I felt like a man just being in there. And I came out with so much knowledge! I know that "cc" stands for "cubic centimeters" and it refers to the amount of pressure from the piston inside the cylinder, and the higher the cc's, the higher your insurance rates! Yeah! Go Bruce!

Whoo! Did I stick out like a sore thumb or what! I didn't have any leather on (I don't think my purse counts), and well, look at me! I'm a five foot tall Chinese girl at a motorcycle show. I must admit though, I do have a thing for bikes now, or shall I say "hogs", because those are actually cooler. Some of those things are the size of small cars, and basically have everything a car does except the roof. A lot of the art on them was custom done to the owner's liking (ie: the Star Trek bike and the Winnie the Pooh bike) and was airbrushed, which looked extremely cool. I wish I had a camera. <= Note for parents. Hint hint, nudge nudge, kick kick.

Speaking of pictures, I actually rode some of them! Well, I mounted them, and just sat there looking pretty. *click click* Definitely a shot worth keeping. A day worth remembering.