Saturday, January 04, 2003
Crackdown

One and a half more days before I go back to school and face the stress levels. Not that the stress isn't already building up.

One thing that does get me rather excited though, is another event that I might be planning. A Locks of Love fundraiser! If I measure starting at the nape of my neck, my hair is 1.5 feet long. From the top of my head, easily more than 2 feet. I've been growing it since December 11th, 2000 and I can't wait to donate it. Emma, Kelly and Amy will be donating with me as well, and I'm so excited. I hope to get more donators, and perhaps some shavers. Interested? Know anyone that is? Contact me at shirleymanh@yahoo.ca, it'd be great to find some more people.

The event probably won't take place until early June, after our Prom. I kind of want to cut it before prom because everyone's been telling me to wait until afterwards. I don't like doing what everyone else does. But I don't think there's any way to convince the other girls to do the same. Speaking of girls, how about some boys? Come on boys, show your sensitive, caring and selfless side by shaving your head! What better way to say "I'm a good guy"? You can even use it to pick up girls. Not that I support that kind of thing. *ahem*

In all seriousness, I am looking for people, and the earlier I let them know this will be happening for sure, the better I'll feel, knowing that they're not going to cut it beforehand. This event WILL happen. What else am I going to do with this hair?

Details:
- Hair length needs to be a minimum of 10" (tip to tip)
- You may pull curly hair straight to measure the minimum 10"
- There is no minimum length for those wishing to shave their heads
- Layered hair may be put into more than one ponytail for donation
- Hair is needed from men and women, young and old, all colors, and all races
- Hair may be colored or permed, but not chemically damaged (if you're not sure, ask your stylist)
- Hair cut years ago is usable as long as it has been stored in a ponytail

Visit these sites for more information:

Locks of Love: http://www.locksoflove.org/
Wigs for Kids: http://www.wigsforkids.org/
Canadian Cancer Society: http://www.cancer.ca/