Tuesday, January 28, 2003
Exam Week

I find myself in the midst of exam week, the last of my high school career and I don't think I'm going to miss it. With the juniors writing Summatives, the halls are noisy, the library is noisy and the caf is noisy. I remember the good ol' days when the school was dead silent during exams. People wore pyjamas or sweats and the girls didn't bother putting on make-up. The air would be tense and stressed...everyone was studying.

It's not like that anymore. I wrote my Calculus exam last Friday and there were classes going on around me. Noisy classes. Someone even had the grace to walk down the hall stomping their feet extra loudly. How courteous of them.

I'm not as stressed as I thought I would be, but perhaps I'm just hiding it very well. Last week as I was studying for Calculus, I got distracted and started staring at my blank computer screen. Then, I slapped myself. I slapped myself. My hand got up by itself, and it slapped me on the cheek for not studying. No matter how many times I say it, I still can't believe it. I slapped myself. Yeesh, talk about self-discipline.