Tuesday, January 07, 2003
It's Waaaaaay Past My Bedtime

4:00 pm, the local pharmacy, my mother by my side

Me: Hi, I'd like to fill out a perscription please.
Man: Okay. *type type type* So...you in college?
Me: No, still in high school...my last year though.
Man: Ah...double cohort, eh?
Me: Right, thanks for reminding me.
Man: You applied yet?
Me: Can I have my medication please?
Man: *blank stare*
Me: *sigh* Yes, over the holidays. Queen's, Western and Laurier if you were wondering.
Annoying Man: Heh heh, moving away huh?
Annoyed Me: Can we not bring this up?
Annoying Man: Ah, you shouldn't move away! Stay home! Believe me, I have 3 sons and they all lived at home!
Annoyed Me: Hmm, that's great sir. Please leave me alone. Wait. Give me my meds, then leave me alone.
Annoying Man: Is that your mother? Bring her here, I'll talk to her for you...
Incredulous Me: WHAT?! Are you kidding me?
Bastard: Hey Ma!
I-Can't-Believe-This-Is-Happening-To-Me-Manh: Shut up shut up shut up!


I've been working away at some scholarship stuff for the last little while and it's still not done yet. How can I answer questions like "What are your long term goals?" at 11 o'clock at night? How can I answer them at all, no matter what the time of day? I don't have goals, I have dreams. Like Matt Good said, "Goals are dreams with deadlines". I believe that. To me, if you don't meet a goal, it's seen as a bad thing, but if you can't live your dream...it's forgivable. People still smile at you and admire your efforts, while with the former situation, they're likely to tell you to buy a calendar. But that's just me.

This all started out as me simply visiting to say "Good night" to those who are still hanging around, and "Happy birthday" to dear Stacy on Thursday. But things never turn out the way you plan them, and that's why I stopped making plans. I'm a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda gal nowadays. I got rid of my watch two summers ago and haven't looked back since. Cool people never have the time.