Monday, January 20, 2003
There's No Place That I Could Be Without You

I'm stressed.
But I'm hiding it extremely well. Except for when you ask me about the Millennium Scholarship. Honestly, that thing is eating me alive. I worked all weekend on it, and all I had left to do was get my reference, find a 9x12 envelope (yes, they specified the envelope size) and mail the darn thing. BUT, I noticed an instruction this morning that I had overlooked all weekend long:

Use a typrewriter or computer (minimum character size: 10 point).

I used 9.5 pt most of the time and there are some answers in 9 pt. GAAAAH! I couldn't concentrate all morning and wasted a whole period of precious biology study time. So at lunch I call the Foundation to see what the penalties are. Possible disqualification. Oy vey. So, guess what I'm doing tonight? Resizing all my answers to 10 pt and editing out fluff since I no longer have room to squeeze in creativity.

I was vexed. So I head to the mall to buy a hat (because if I don't, I'm going to lose my ears to the wind this week) and to relax with a bit of shopping. Yay for my new $9 shirt from Bluenotes. However, much to my dismay, the wonderful winter sales did not help with my cheering up. And so I decided to treat myself to something nice and headed to the Second Cup to buy myself a nice latte or delato or anything rich and chocolatey, and just...sit. And sip. But the fates were against me today and vexed me further with a $5 minimum debit purchase. On one hand, I was upset at my lack of sitting and sipping, but on the other, I was glad a drink didn't have to cost me $5.

I just saw the video for Zwan's Honestly, and despite what the DJ on Edge 102 says, it's not the best video I've seen. Sure, it's good...and I did get that warm, fuzzy feeling, but that comes with the song, not the video. It kind of makes you think Billy is dating the girl guitarist actually. And speaking of Billy, I don't think I've ever seen that man's teeth before today. Honestly (no pun intended), I've never seen him smile! But in this video, does he ever! It's not bad looking either. And seeing him happy made me happy and in the end it was all happy.