Wednesday, February 05, 2003
A Fishy Story

Saturday February 1
- I get a new fish. (My two younger cousins walk into Chinese New Year dinner with some new pets they managed to beg my aunt into buying them. Victor was nice enough to offer me one of the three feeder fish the store owner gave him for free. I accepted. Yay! A new plaything!)
- I vow to be a good mother to Fish.

Sunday February 2
- The darn thing isn't eating! I assume it's used to being fed flakes, but we only have pellets in the house because that's what our other big, bubbly-brained goldfish eat. So I smash up the pellets into a nice powder for Fish.
- The pellet powder isn't working.
- The pellet powder clouds up the water.

Monday February 3
- I keep feeding it the powder because I forgot to go to the pet store to buy flakes.
- Fish still isn't eating.
- The water gets cloudier.
- I'm sad.

Tuesday February 4
- I make Gilbert drive me to the mall to buy flakes.
- We get ripped off at Doogans, go to Wal Mart, buy it for cheaper and find Alex to refund the Doogans stuff for us.
- I get home and start to change Fish's water.
- In the process of moving Fish to a different container so I could dump out the old, gucky water, I drop him in the sink. (He was flipping all over the place and it was tickling my hand and I got scared! So I screamed and let go.)
- Fish isn't moving.
- I look into the sink, I scrunch up my face because I'm too scared to pick it out and leave.
- Hmmm...dead goldfish lying in my sink for a couple hours...I beg my mom to throw it out for me. She does, but not until after she yells at me for being a wimp and then proceeds to threaten to throw the dead Fish in my face. I scream, bury my face in a pillow, scream some more, and she threatens to stick it in my ear. I'm crying by now.

I can't even keep a feeder fish.
How am I ever going to have children?!