Sunday, February 16, 2003
It's Time For A Career Change

Every Sunday, I am a superhero. I go to work and save the world from dirt and those dreaded dust bunnies with the help of my trusty sidekicks, Lysol and Mini-Vac. I lie when I say that there is nothing more rewarding than cleaning an entire chiropractic clinic. How is it that I went from a receptionist to the clinic-bitch? I remember, I was too nice and forgot that I had a spine and handed over all my hours to the other receptionist simply because she asked. Well, I will stand for this no more! Superheroinism is not for me; some may find pleasure in sucking up dust bunnies with a vacuum, but I do believe that I will hand over my duties to the local Molly Maid.

I am excited to announce that I now have an interview Monday afternoon at The Old Curiosity Tea Company at the mall. Not only is their starting wage higher than I ever expected, I also get to wear a maid's costume, complete with a frilly apron and a bonnet! Yes, perhaps slightly degrading, but at $8 an hour, I'm willing to sell my dignity.