Monday, February 10, 2003
Moving To Moveable Type?

Most unlikely.

I just finished browsing the Moveable Type site and my eyes are still wide from shock. They've got computer-lingo coming out the ying-yang, none of which I understand, by the way. For example, I clicked over to the Requirements area to make sure I had everything I needed if I were to actually go through with this Moveable Type ordeal.

Core requirements:

* An account on a webserver that allows you to run custom CGI scripts.
* Perl, version 5.004_04 or greater, installed on this webserver.
* An FTP program to upload the necessary files to your webserver.
* Javascript and cookies enabled in your browser.
* Support for the DB_File Perl module OR MySQL & DBD::mysql


You want me to upload that where?
Hmm, I have GICS at Royal Bank...cookies are great, and Pearl was my nickname in elementary school...Is that close enough?

First: Understand website.
Then: Try to use whatever it is they're selling.