Saturday, February 08, 2003
O Summer, O Summer, Wherefore Art Thou Summer?

When I was little, I never had a favourite anything. No favourite colour, number, food, drink...you name it, I didn't have a favourite. But now that I'm older, I've realized that there's absolutely nothing wrong with having favourites. And thus, I proclaim my favourite season: SUMMER. O, how I miss thee! I used to like Spring because I'm a spring baby and things are pretty in the spring...flowers bloom and such. Autumn is romantic, and winter is...well, it's something alright. COLD.

I keep hearing fun, summery songs on the radio, then later seeing their very summery videos on TV. And they make me miserable! Outside seems ever so cold, grey and plain old dreary. Pedal to the Metal by Kazzer makes me long for blistering temperatures like never before. I hate big, thick sweaters and turtlenecks and long pants and layers and wool socks and boots and hats and dry skin. Oh, the simplicity of flip-flop sandals, short shorts and strappy tank tops. I long for my bikini, coconut sunscreen and a tanning session in my backyard.

Last summer was the best two months I've ever had the pleasure of living, and so it makes sense that all of a sudden I'm associating the season with pure fun. And being free-spirited, carefree, stressfree, worryfree, you-name-it-free...I was free. I was happy.

One deep breath later....

Okay, just 3 months or so to go...it's not that bad, it's not that bad...where's that darn silver lining?