Tuesday, March 25, 2003
And The Mind Hiccups

I think I'm stressed. Last night I felt as though as I going to burst at the seams just thinking about all the things I had to do. In the past, maybe I was able to brush off a few things, but dealines and marks have never mattered as much as they do now. Now. Everything is now. At least they seem that way. When will the madness end?! Fortunately and unfortunately, I had rugby practice yesterday and today. Unfortunately because it reminded me that I have not done any physical activity for about four months and am badly out of shape. Fortunately because it was a stress reliever. I like those.

I have been thoroughly honoured by the Key Club as they asked me to be a speaker at their Volunteerism Conference, "Strive! 2003", in late April. It's stuff like this that makes me feel really good about myself and what I do. To me, this makes up for all those scholarships that I didn't win and didn't even get nominated for. Who cares if I don't know how to make myself look good on paper? I don't have to embellish anything on any stupid application form to change people's lives. Take that!

I feel really bitter. I heard that the Board has cancelled all out of country trips again and there are some very sad art people walking around because they don't get to go to New York. I felt like that when they prevented me from going to DECA Nationals in Salt Lake City, and sometimes, I still do. But this year, Olga (head of DECA lady) was able to pull some strings and make the Nationals a non-board related activity so they can fly over the border without being harassed by the big wigs. I feel so jipped. Where the hell were you last year Olga?!