Thursday, March 13, 2003
Colour Me Wimpy

Context: I work at a chiropractic clinic once a week. I clean it on Sundays for about three hours. I hate it there. Two weeks ago I get a new job at the mall, wearing a Victorian style maid's outfit and selling tea. I love it there. I've been planning to quit the clinic for at least a month, but I keep putting it off. Finally, I say to myself that I'm going to go and talk to her sometime this week before school starts.

*ring ring*
It's my boss from the clinic calling, she says that she saw me at the mall the other day.
"Oh really?"

Feeling: Extremely nervous.

She asked how long I had been working there.
"About two weeks."
So I like it there, I get to meet lots of people, right?
"Right."

Thinking: Quit now!

Am I still okay for Sundays?
"...I think so."
Good, I should let her know if I need anything.

Thinking: Quit now! It's not too late!

"Great, yeah, things are fine."
Good, she says.
"Good."

I was caught completely offguard and didn't know how I should tell her that I wanted to quit! Everything I had rehearsed flew right out of my head and now I'm stuck. SIGH. I'll be working there the rest of my life.