Monday, March 17, 2003
Gone Swimming

I was walking to the bus stop today after school and had to cross a lake doing it. If anyone knows the layout of MDHS, picture that grassy area that leads to the back path filled with water. Filled. My eyes, in their old age, didst deceive me and I thought that there was a small path which was dry enough for me to walk. (You see, I needed to cross the lake in order to go through the path which leads to my bus stop.) As I mentioned, I was deceived. I walked, unsuspectingly, into water about a foot deep and kept doing it because I thought drier land lay ahead. I was wrong. It was at this time, when I was standing on a small patch of snow, looking at my wet feet and thinking about what to do next, that I heard a voice from across the parking lot.

"You can do it, Shirley!" It was Seannery to the rescue. "Sean! I'm stuck! Help me! What do I do?!"
"Have no fear, I'LL save you!" And so, he runs, every step that he takes sinking deeper into the cold, muddy water. Step. "Ahh!" Step. "Ahh!" Step. "AHH!" By the time he reached me, we were both laughing and crying at the same time.

"My shoes!"
"My socks!"
"How did you get this far?"
"I don't know!"
"How do we get out?"
"I don't know!"
"What do we do?!"
"AHHHH!"
"AHHHH!"


And so, hilarity ensued as we contemplated hopping over a fence, but then simply hung onto it for dear life, and finally, we made it to the bus stop.