Saturday, March 01, 2003
It was beautiful today and I hope you went outside.

My first day at The Old Curiosity Tea Company (of course they hired me) and I loved it! I've tried three new kinds of tea already and if I keep that up every time I work, in 43 more shifts I'll have tried every kind of tea they have (127). That's a lot of tea. So far, working there is lovely; the girls are very friendly about teaching me how to behave the "British way" in order to please our boss, Roger (who is very British apparently). The uniform doesn't even come close to bothering me. Of course, when I first put it on and went downstairs, my mother laughed at me. Very loudly. And for a long time. I kind of looked like an octogenarian on her way to a funeral. But after I put on the frilly apron, frilly bonnet and choker, I thought I looked kind of cute. In a British-maid kind of way.

At least it's not Molly Maid! That's right, I'm quitting my stinky job at the clinic. I'm putting my foot down at last; no more cleaning for me. Now all I have to do is muster up enough courage to tell them I quit. In the past, every time (which was just two times) I told my employer that I wanted to leave, I couldn't. They all said the same thing to me:

"I'd really hate to lose you."

And I gave in. That's right, they pulled a guilt trip and it worked. So in the end, I didn't quit and continued working for them instead. It wasn't too bad, afterwards they gave me whatever hours I wanted and were willing to be very flexible in order to accomodate me. I may be a spineless jellyfish, but I had them wrapped around my little finger. Kind of.

Alright, alright, I'll go work on my saying NO skills. I'll fashion some sort of letter of resignation tonight and call them on Monday. Anyone know how to write one of those things? I hope they don't get mad.