Saturday, March 22, 2003
Tons o' Coinage

This past Wednesday, during our Classics Club meeting (yes, I am part of the Classics Club and I'm proud!) we discussed the arrival of a guest speaker, Mr. Tama-yama-something, and the welcome banner that we were making.

Nikhil: So we need a banner (Sam, you're making it) to welcome Mr. T. What should it say?
Me: Didn't we decide on "Welcome Mr. T" last time?
Chris: Boring!
Nikhil: Let's use coin puns!
(He's a coinist/coin curator.)
*silence*
Sam: ...wel-coin.
*pause*
Everyone: AaaaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Sean: Let's speak in coin puns the entire time he's here!
Me/Chris: Like what?
Sean: What's coin on?
Nikhil: These are awful!
Sean: Coin coin coin coin coin coin coin!
*pause*
Nikhil: That's not even a pun!

By the end of the meeting, we had also come up with "See you on the flip side", and "coin-cloth" for some reason.

Summer's coming and I can taste it. Wait, that might just be acid rain. Anyway, the weather is getting warmer and sunnier and my mood is getting better as a result. I want my tattoo so badly now!

Welcoin Seannery.