Saturday, April 26, 2003
All I Want For Christmas My Birthday Is...Phlegm

Two nights ago, I developed a cough. A light, delicate, girly one, but a cough nonetheless. A dry cough. Alright, so it's no big deal, I figure it's just an itch in my throat...but Gary makes me paranoid and I start freaking out because I have no thermometer in the house with which to take my temperature. Do Chinese families own thermometers?

So then the hoping and praying and wishing began. For phlegm.

See, the infamous cough of the SARS is of a dry nature, therefore, if I had a phlegmy cough, I was safe. So I started using that visualization-healing method and picturing myself hacking it up. Ew. *shudder* And it worked! Yesterday morning, I started coughing with slight notes of phlegm in my throat, and this morning I am proud to say that I, Shirley Manh, have a glorious, phlegmy cough.