Tuesday, April 15, 2003
From 27 Degrees to Hail In Two Days

I had a conversation with Gary a while ago about small talk and it taught me that very often people live from crisis to crisis. The sad bits of our lives make for the best conversation. That's why I refuse to watch the news or read the newspaper (with the exception of the Economist & Sun because it isn't really a newspaper). It's always this-man-was-shot-tonight or this-house-burned-down or there were x numbers of robberies/car accidents/shootings/stabbings etc. I think Ms. McLeod and I have this one thing in common; we wish to celebrate the good things in life.

Here we go:
- Congratulations to the Certamen teams for sweeeeeping all first place trophies!
- Did you know that both Gary and Brian won the Queen's Chancellor's scholarships? Cause they did. Congrats to the boyos.
- I got a fancy phone call on Friday telling me that I won $1000. I don't know how because I wasn't at home to get the call. But I finally get back to the guy today and apparently I got the Markham Board of Trade scholarship thingy.

Stuck in my head: Running, No Doubt
Beautiful, beautiful song.
An excerpt:
Be
Be the one I need
Be the one I trust most
Don't stop inspiring me