Thursday, April 03, 2003
Girl's Not Grey

Before I headed into work today, I stopped by at Laura Petites to check out my dream dress. It was even more beautiful than I remember. Pale pink with sheer black material overtop, empire waist, tie-up back, slim and flowy. It is the epitome of pretty. It reminds of the 1920s...so simple and elegant. Well, I mustered up the courage to go inside and look at the price tag. It seems as though this little piece of perfection will cost me $260...plus tax. How in the heck am I supposed to afford that?! My manager suggested that I use my Junior Citizen money to pay for it; dare I use that money to pay for a dress? I'll just wait a few weeks and maybe it'll go on sale. Subconciously, I hope that when I try it on I'll look absolutely AWFUL in it so that I don't have to keep wanting it.

I still haven't decided about the duct tape dress thing, and now I'm rethinking prom all over again. Sheri and I did some calculations since no one was buying our tea, and prom will cost me about $350. That's a month and a half of work. How is it that anyone goes to prom? How did I end up living in a society with so much excess?

Tomorrow I get a day off school (yay!) for my Junior Citizen thingy and although I am excited, I'm nervous. What do I wear?! I'm such a girl sometimes.

In the CD player: AFI, Sing the Sorrow (only $9.99 at MusicWorld!)
Keep listening at the end for wonderful hidden tracks. Beautiful stuff.