Monday, April 07, 2003
Honoured, To Say The Least

Miss Stankiewicz had been trying to contact me all of last week, but I missed a couple classes and she was ill for a few days too. Anyway, I got a hold of her today and as I'm heading to her office, I'm nervous because I have no idea what could be so important.

She tells me to sit down...she's smiling...this is good...?

7 minutes later, I'm walking out of her office with tears in my eyes, not because something horrible happened, but because I was so incredibly touched. Miss Stankiewicz had nominated me for the Celebrating Student Success Award; only one person from each school can be entered and I was it. She collected reference letters for me and sent them all in. The best part of the news was, I had also won the award.

I was speechless, to say the least. Incredibly touched. Honoured. And then I started to cry.

I have an interview this Thursday, another dinner/awards ceremony to attend, I get to be on a poster and in a video and...so many other things that I'm convinced I don't deserve. I'm happy, to say the least.