Thursday, April 17, 2003
Like A Riddle Wrapped In A Riddle Wrapped In A Box With Little Pink Hearts On It

Most mellowing/spirtual/feel good song of all time: Return to Innocence, Enigma
Oh, it feels SO good. I walked into school today and heard it playing over the announcements. Immediately, I smiled, my mood soared and my day was better because of it. I charged into the accounts office to see who had chosen this song, and had unintentionally become my new best friend.
Mr. Shigeshi.

Me: *awestruck* You like Enigma??
Mr. S: Yeah, sure.
Me: Like, really? Really?
Mr. S: Yeah!
*dumbfounded silence as I stare at him*
Me: WOW! Ihadnoideayoulikedthem! Ididn'tthinkthatanyonelikedthem!
Mr.S: ...uhh....
Me: Imeanthey'resoundergroundandstuffandallthatchantingreallyweirdspeopleout!
Mr.S: *mocking me* Yeah, we should start an Enigma club.
Me: OKAY!!!

So I love Enigma. Being German and all, they're way cool. The Germans always have the best music. Check out Ulrich Schauss too (I don't actually know where to find the guy, apparently he hides himself well. If you're really interested, talk to Chris). I first heard Return to Innocence in 1994 when Shae-lynn Bourne and Victor Kraatz did their Olympic ice dance routine to it, and that's when the obsession started. I met Chris in high school and found that he liked them too, now Mr. Shigeshi, way cool. Their sound is different, kinda new-age with cool wind instruments sometimes, synthesizers, lots of bass and chanting. Gotta have the chanting. It's mostly instrumental stuff, inserted every now and then is a group of chanting males or a wispy female voice singing something seductive in a different language (Latin being one of them!). Anyhoo, give them a listen. And if you only listen to one Enigma song ever, make it Return to Innocence.

As I promised, another bit from Running:
Me
I'm the one you chose
Out of all the people
You wanted me the most
I'm so sorry that I'm falling
Help me up lets keep on running
Don't let me fall out of love