Sunday, April 06, 2003
No Prom, No Problems

So I tried on the dress. And it fit. The sad part is...(you'll have to excuse my egotism here) I looked damn good. What's with that? Dresses never fit me, and they never look good! They're supposed to be too long and too big here and too tight there...but this one fit perfectly all over the place! It even made my chest bigger, my waist smaller, and my hips hippier. And I think, that maybe, just maybe, I looked taller. It was annoying, it really was. I was hoping that it would look awful so I could stop drooling over it, (egotism warning) but as I looked so damn good I guess it was meant to be. Still...should I pay $300 for it? Is fate worth that much?

I've decided this much though: I'm not wearing a duct tape dress. I'm sorry Sarah! I want the $2500, but I don't think I'm willing to (or have enough time to) put that much work into it.

The boyfriend and I are still trying to figure out how we can afford this...no limo (instead Greg's rusty Camry), no flowers (who wants to wear flowers on their wrist anyway?), I'll do my own make-up and borrow a curling iron to do my hair (at this length it'll cost an arm and a leg to get an updo).

Oy! I'm fussing! This is exactly why I didn't want to go to prom in the first place! No prom, no fuss, no headache.