Saturday, May 10, 2003
Fairweather and Club Monaco and Jacob, Oh My!

My mother has been going on and on for weeks about buying me more clothes for next year. I'm a girl; as if my closet isn't already overflowing, but I'm not one to complain about shopping.
And so we did. For three whole hours.
My Auntie T came along and also my cousins, Victor and Michael. They are 12 and 10 year old boys. Suffice to say, they did not enjoy this morning at all. Victor even said that he wanted to go home and do math homework so we could leave. My closet is now one sweater, one tank top and one coat larger. Pants to come next week.

Nikhil and I ventured downtown last night to Malabar, the coolest costume shop around. As he tried on his morning coat outfit, I busied myself with Baroque, Grecian , Empire and Medieval dresses. I felt like such a princess in some of them. One Grecian dress made me look Elvish, like Arwen from Lord of the Rings. I tired out the sales girl by making her carry numerous dresses back and forth to the dressing room, but she'll have my business soon enough. I sooooo want to dress up for prom. We'll see how impractical and wasteful I feel in a few days. Does anyone want to head down with me next Friday and try on funky things? And then, someone else can hold a masquerade so I can wear my super cool costume!