Wednesday, May 07, 2003
My Last Conference

As a student.
Oh, you bet you'll be seeing me next year. There's no way that I'm going to miss that 1st place finish in Chariot race! 4 years in a row boys, 4 years in a row. They're crazy and I love them. They're loud and obnoxious, rude and fail their tests, but they win that race for us. That's why I keep coming back. That, and for the little girls. Blonde girls.

I won some, I lost some, overall, it was pretty good. I'm happy that we redeemed ourselves this year, after last year's disappointing 4th place finish. Woo hoo 2nd place! It's as good as 1st place for us, since UTS pretty much doubles our points. We say that we'll beat them next year; honestly boys, we won't. Just face it, 2nd place is wonderful enough for anyone.

And so the skit didn't go to hell in a handbasket, fashion show didn't get disqualified, but Daniel and I also didn't win our so-deserved ribbons in oral reading. And yes, how we deserved them. How disappointing. I won't go into how stupid those judges are...even though they are, and I just hope that her performance in the room was a lot better than it was on stage. Boo me and my competitiveness.

I'm still in tired mode, and I found out this morning that we have a rugby game today in Aurora. OY.