Thursday, May 08, 2003
Teenage Politics Are Too Stupid

In the words of Jess, but not. They still are confusing, but I think stupid is a better word for it. Or dumb. Dumb is good too.
No, no...I'm not bitter.

It's funny, a year has passed and yet I can't stop thinking about the fact that I lost last year's elections. Not that I think I should've won...but it would've been nice. Recently, with election talk buzzing around the school, several people have brought up the fact that they voted for me last year or the fact that they still have my Hug Coupons. Well, that's nice...I'm glad you guys had faith in me, but there just weren't enough of you around. You probably shouldn't bring the topic up unless you want to get me into bitter, reminiscent, rant-y mode.

Here's one of the many "Election Entries" in my journal/diary last year. This was written after someone told me that losing was a learning experience. Do you know who you are?
"So I lost. Do I want-no, do I need a lesson of loss?
Lessons of pain?
Learning experience my ass
Fuck you
I want success stories
You would have been bitter too"

So, to those who lost the election, I understand your need to cry and swear and drink and stay away from school for a few days, because I did.

I'll get over it...eventually, I swear. I'm on my way, I've forgiven, but not forgotten. Not yet. Congratulations to the winners, I'm happy that you're happy. To those who didn't taste sweet, sweet victory, you will one day, trust me.