Monday, June 30, 2003
$67 Worth of Undergarments

Do not, I repeat, do not let me into La Senza when they have a sale going on. I will spend unnecessary amounts of money on things that are pretty and matching. Oy.

Man, with Chris and Brian signing off from their blogs, what am I going to busy myself with on the computer now? I read them regularly! It's sad to see you boys go, it really is. "Thanks for all your support, have a good day, all the best." That's what a customer representative from Bell said to me this afternoon before clicking off.

I suppose I can continue to read The Order of the Phoenix. Three days and it's still not done. 766 pages is more than I thought. I've been reading all morning and so far I'm only at Chapter Twenty-Three, Christmas on the Closed Ward. So far? Meh, it's pretty good. Perhaps I should've waited until the hype died down so I didn't expect anything. Not that my expectations were high, this just wasn't what I was expecting. It feels like this book was written by another author, with all the yelling and snarling and screaching and bellowing and roaring and CAPITAL LETTERS and exclamation marks, it starts off rather angrily. I was surprised is all. Rowling's cleverness is still seen in the names of Kreacher the house elf, and Karkus the Gurg (of the Giants).

Instant hilarity: "One person can't feel all that at once, they'd explode."
"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have." -Hermione (to Ron)

It's still a page turner as I haven't been doing anything all day but reading. I got up and came to the computer so I could get my blood flowing again. But here I am, still sitting down, blood still settling in my butt.

I think it's time to go for a run.