Saturday, June 28, 2003
Finally Got My Hands On

The Order of the Phoenix! The lovely Katy Chan was nice enough to order her own copy, finish it in a few days and take a train from Montreal to let me borrow it! What a sweetie. When she comes back from New York we're going to do a little trade-off; I give her book back as long as she hands off some slutty tops from Victoria's Secret. Thank goodness for semi-annual sales, otherwise I would never get my low-cut clubbing stuff for next year.

Are there even any clubs in Waterloo?

Blink 182 CDs! Shopping with Cliff led to MusicWorld where I was deceived by their 1/2 price sale and paid a whopping $65 for 4 CDs I thought I was going to get for a mere $40. It's bad advertising, I tell you. They put stickers on all these CDs you'd never believe were on sale. Because they're not! Even though they have the bright baby blue 1/2 price sticker on it, you only get it for cheap if you buy another CD of equal or greater value. Boo that. So I handed over my debit card and paid a huge sum of money because I was too much of a spineless jellyfish to say to the cashier that I didn't want the expensive CDs. Three days later, I beat the system! Thanks to the ingenious thinking of one Gary, I returned to MusicWorld and attempted to refund the CDs that were regular price and keep the ones I got for half off. It worked! I'm now the proud owner of Dude Ranch and Take Off Your Pants and Jacket, both for only $9.50. Mwaha. All I have to do now in order to own the CDs I was drooling over before is to buy them, and return the expensive ones. No, I will not download music...I'm not morally against it, I'd just rather go through this exhaustive process. Trust me, it's better this way.

I finally get to see Laurier tomorrow and spend some quality time with none other than Pratik. Wow, it's like double the pleasure. Kind of like those chocolate dipped bananas. You get all the nutritional value of the potassium filled fruit and the aphrodisiacy goodness of the sweet, sweet chocolate. Mmm...chocolate dipped banana....