Saturday, June 21, 2003
A Very Harry Night

At about 10pm last night....
Cape? Check.
Lightning bolt scar? Check.
Chopstick? Wand? Check.
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm Harry-freakin'-Potter!

To start the festivities, I brought along a Chocolate Frog (complete with a collector's card inside), Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans and Acid Pops. Does anyone remember Acid Pops from the books? Cuz I don't. I left them all at Eileen's anyway, so unfortunately we didn't get to see our tongues change colour.

Can you believe I was one of two people who dressed up? Some people had scars, others wands, but no costumes??? C'mon! Anyhoo, the party was...*grumble* there was no magician, 'crafts' were colouring pages and 'treats' were freezies, I want magic! I actually expected Cauldron Cakes and stuff. Well, I made it fun! I sang my Harry Potter Party Song in line, jumped around and waved my chopstick wand at people. Greg and I got Certificates of House Membership to Gryffindor House because we're cool and we just wandered after that. 12:01am meant choas for those lining up for books; there was ruckus, but no riot (much to my dismay). I saw the new book in all it's golden yellow glory, and let me tell you, it is beautiful. Adrian was nice enough to offer to let me borrow his copy...once he's done reading it, and after Eileen is done too. How sweet.

Wes and Mike, where were you?