Saturday, July 26, 2003
Feeling Melancholy Despite...

Dear Shirley,

I am pleased to inform you that you have been assigned to:
Room A-303, Single-room occupancy, in Willison Hall Residence...


Wahoo! Just the hall that I wanted. Now all I have to do is figure out whether this room has a bathroom buddy or buddies. I got my new e-mail address as well and I will share it and all it's ugliness with you now.
manh4390@wlu.ca
*shudder* It is the ugliest e-mail address I've ever had. Numbers? Ugh, it's so tacky and gross. I wonder if one's school e-mail address reflects the quality of the institution. If this is the case, then I don't have much to look forward to in September, do I? This is only the beginning of the ugliness that is Laurier.
I kid, I kid. Oh university life, how I pine for you.

university life, n.
1. living on your own, surrounded by good friends and good fun, doing whatever you want (granted that it is still within your best interests)
2. good times without the flamflams of going to class
3. living on little to no money

If school were to start next week, I'd be all ready and raring to go embrace the sweet, sweet independent lifestyle. I'm just not in the mood to start learning and doing homework again. Is that going to be a problem? But until September 1st, I have much to do in order to prepare my new life. I can't wait to buy new twin-sized bed linens (The Bay and Sears are having sales!), a fridge (take that Coldex!), an electric kettle (take that residence rules!), notebooks and highlighters, and all the other things that are required to have a good first year. Like a large CD collection, funky socks and lots of smiley face ware to remind you that there is indeed happiness in the world when you're pulling out your hair from stress. I need to get working on the funky sock thing.... Then there's filling out forms and mailing them in with cheques for large sums of money, registering for this and that with cheques for large sums of money and of course, how could I forget the draining of my savings by means of the cheques for large sums of money.

Oh university life, how I pine for you indeed.

Note to self: Socks are on sale for 99 cents at Smart Set.