Tuesday, July 15, 2003
My Mother, Seamstress And Snooper

Mum: Shirley, help me take down these curtains, I'm going to wash them.
Me: *lazily* Why? I don't wanna.
Mum: Because I made these when we moved here 5 years ago and we haven't washed them since.
Me: *grumble grumble* ...ew...fine...grosssness....

right before she puts them up again, my mother finds....

Mum: Hey! Look at this!
Me: What?
Mum: There's a sewing pin in here! Wow. To think, this has been in here for five years! I'm sure glad it didn't stab into my hand while I was washing them. Huh, this is one of my white ones, I always wondered where it went....
Me: *shakes head*

and earlier today...

Mum: Shirley, where are my glasses?
Me: I don't know, why?
Mum: Well, I found this letter Vivian wrote to your brother and her handwriting is really small.
(Vivian is my brother's girlfriend)
Me: Ma! You can't read that! It's private!
Mum: What? It was lying right there on the table, it's not like he hid it! If I had to snoop to find it, you're right, it would be wrong. But I didn't so it's fine.
Me: I'm sure he doesn't want you reading that, put it back.
Mum: Oh come on, help me with this. My goodness her writing is small.
Me: No. Put it back.
Mum: Wow, these 12th graders sure have big vocabularies. What does this word mean?
Me: Ma! I'm not helping you read that!
Mum: Fine. I'll go get a dictionary.

sigh
oh mother