Wednesday, July 02, 2003
Such A Good Great Hair Day

I've resisted the urge to blog all day...until now. Why give in? I asked myself, it's not like I have anything to say in particular. But why does it matter? I argued. It's your blog after all. And so the conversation went until I decided that this was in fact my blog and I can say anything and nothing all at once if I so desired. So there.

I finished The Order of the Phoenix today. How was it? What did I think? Two words: So looong. *cries* SO long. But I kept turning the pages, thinking that the sooner I finished it, the sooner I could take the heavy thing off my knees. It's angst filled till the end, CAPITAL LETTERS and exclamation marks (!) galore. Still, quite enjoyable and highly recommended.

It's been a yucky few days, glamming up in the anticipation of going somewhere, but then not actually getting there. I've had more fun than this before. Though slightly dull as life may be right now, I've a few things I'll be keeping myself busy with for the next little while. I'm surprised at one of the things on my To Do List however. Currently, I'm putting together a proposal package for Kodak in hopes that they will sponsor an expedition to Antarctica. My first stab at this was with Jason three years ago, but that failed almost abysmally and quite miserably. Since then, I believe we have put forth another effort or two...but as I have not yet been to Antarctica, I do not believe that our attempts were indeed successful. So why, exactly, have I not given up on this? Who knows, perhaps it's my stubborn nature and my unwillingness to accept defeat. Hmm, let me make that sound a bit nicer...I'm determined and impassioned. Yes, that will do. Or maybe because one of my life goals is to visit every continent on the planet, and the last time I checked, Antarctica qualified as one. Paraphrasing what I said in my grad write-up, I'm doing this because I want to, and because I believe I CAN. Sappy, isn't it? Of course, there still is the distinct possibility that Kodak will toss aside my proposal and deny me the trip, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.