Thursday, August 21, 2003
I Finally Get To See The Ocean

I'm in Halifax. Right now. Halifax.

That's where my surprise trip took me; one third of the way across the country. Can you believe the boy flew me to Halifax? I've said the word about seventeen gazillion times since we got here, "I can't believe we're in Halifax!", "Wow, they have Business Depot in Halifax!", "Whoa, the cars stop to let jaywalkers cross the road here in Halifax!". The locals must think I'm nuts. Well, I've got TOURIST written all over me anyway; I'm Chinese. As Jason said, "If you were to hold your breath and only breathe whenever you saw a non-Caucasian person, you'd die." Quite right.

We've been here less than 24 hours, and so far we've:
-met a friend named Justin
-seen Dalhousie University
-been in Dartmouth
-spent the day at a citadel
-heard lots of bagpipes
-seen lots of kilts
-been to the Nova Scotia Art Gallery for free
-seen most of downtown Halifax
-eaten seafood
-had dinner by the ocean
-probably walked the equivalent distance of the circumference of Nova Scotia

My tootsies are tired. But let me tell you, it was worth it. We've much to do before we leave; tomorrow we're seeing a parade of sorts, going whalewatching, walking some more...who knows. Everything's a surprise.