Tuesday, August 12, 2003
My Closet Smells Like The Gap
Or
Shirley n' Cliff's Shopping Adventures o' Fun!


Cliff and I headed to Yorkdale today to find him some fashionable reasons to spend his money. Oh, and did I ever help him. At The Gap, I found him about $300 worth of reasons to whip out the plastic. With taxes, he spent $345. $345. Say it again. $345. That's a lot of money. I spent about $18. This, ladies and gentlemen, is a fine example of my shopping prowess. I have the ability to make others spend their hard-earned dough (in Cliff's case it wasn't hard-earned, at least not by him), while simultaneously keeping my thrifty ways. While he looked for the new autumn stuff on "sale" for back-to-schoolers, I circled the bargain racks and summer clearance shelves. And this was how I found my brand new little black dress. Reduced from a whopping $78 to a mere $15.97. How could I resist?

This darling little halter dress has the following superb qualities:
• Form-fitting cotton/Lycra® blend. Knee length.
• Built-in support bra, empire waist, sweetheart neckline.
• 97% cotton/3% Lycra® spandex. Dry clean. Imported.

It's not part of the new line or anything, but I still hold it near and dear to my heart. It's a woman's necessity and yet I haven't owned one until this afternoon at 5pm. Could things get any better?

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

The Gap thinks I'm thin! The dress is a size 1. Size 1! I have't worn anything that small since before I hit puberty. So let me tell you, fitting into this thing and then being able to buy it for under $20 really made my day. Maybe I will find some other cheap, skinny buy on Thursday. That's right, I was such a wonderful shopping partner today that Cliff is convinced he wants to take me shoe shopping with him. How could he not with my exquisite fashion advice? However, I can barely stand shopping for footwear alone, so I don't know what the outcome will be in two days. But if I am provoked into killing him, don't say that I didn't warn you.