Friday, August 08, 2003
Off To The ROM Tonight

That's it. I quit.

I didn't go in yesterday morning, and I'm not going in today. I'm not going in again, EVER. Well, maybe to collect that sheet of paper with all my info on it so they can't track me down. Come to think of it, I'm too lazy to do even do that.

The job sucks, I suck at it, I don't like it. What's the point, really? The money isn't even an issue anymore. Well, it is, but I'm not going to fret over it. Besides, I've been working my bum off since Grade 10, I think I deserve a little relaxation before school starts. Though if they really want to pay me for the few hours on Wednesday, I'll take it with no complaints.

People used to ask me sometimes why I joined all these clubs at school and why I did all that work, and my answer was simple: I wanted to. And that was it. I had no fancy-schmancy answer recited in an attempt to inspire others, and the truth is, if you don't like what you're doing you shouldn't be doing it. $10 an hour or not.

And so I will spend the rest of my days in Markham doing things that I like to do. Reading, running, yoga-ing, having fun with friends and preparing myself for the biggest change in my life since...well, ever I think.