Monday, August 11, 2003
Onedollaronedollaronedollaronedollaronedollaronedollaronedollar

The tribal I'm-selling-cheap-goods-so-come-here chant of the Taste of the Danforth this past weekend. It was Downsview Park minus The Stones, plus lots of Greek food, and times the crowd by 7 million. Worse than sardines in a can. It was like all the people from Downsview smushed into a sardine can and then compressed into a cube the size of a die. It was squishy and hot and sweaty but cheap and delicious. I think I gained 5 pounds that night. The looooong walk was worth it in the end and will be worth more visits in coming years.

I've never pumped so much money into the Toronto economy in all the years that I've lived here. I've never walked Toronto like I have this summer, and yet there is still so much more that I want to do and see. I need to go to Center Island before I leave, and The Ex so the boyfriend can show off his big muscles and manliness and win me a giant stuffed animal.

I got the mail today and found two letters waiting for me. "How exciting!" I thought to myself. See, getting mail is great, except when it's a bill. Man, that's a lot of numbers. Those stupid Student Fees and other miscellaneous things certainly add up. Woo hoo, my first university bill. How exciting indeed.

In other news, yours truly is taking a trip! We don't leave for another 9 days but I think I'll start packing tonight. I figure the process will take longer since I don't know where we're going. Quel surprise! 8 days full of the unknown. And hitchhiking apparently.