Monday, August 18, 2003
Quittage

I need to quit another job. Well, the thing is, I've already kind of quit but I didn't really tell anyone. "Anyone" includes the boss, who called me sounding quite angry this morning. Luckily, I was still in bed and she was gracious enough to let me go as long as I would call back once I got up. I've been awake for a few hours now and haven't worked up the courage to call her back. This, of course, is not making the situation any better, as I have already not shown up for work in two weeks. Reasoning? I'm not sure exactly what I was thinking, but at the time I believe I just didn't want to go to work. This isn't the Tea Shop we're talking about here, just the stupid clinic job, the one where I show up once a week and replenish this and clean that and do the other thing for about three hours. Nothing fancy. Nothing I like. Except borrowing the photocopier, which is probably the only reason I've kept the job until now. That, and the fact that it adds money to my bank account, albeit in very small amounts.

Anyway, I've had enough and I've left. All I need now is a reason why so my boss-lady will leave me alone for the rest of the summer. While lying in bed this morning, I came up with the following:
- I forgot
- I'm sick
- My grandmother died
- A friend died
- Many friends died
- I am depressed
- Or perhaps a yummy combination of all devastating events, i.e.: The death of several people close to me resulted in the throwing out of all my responsibilities because I am so depressed. Thus, I forgot about work and have spent the last two weeks in bed which caused my health to deteriorate and now I am left as a small, sad, grieving Asian girl suffering from laryngitis or strep throat and digestive problems all at the same time. As well, I have not showered in days and smell pretty bad.

And then I can top it off with a heartfelt "I apologize for having all this affect you in a negative way, but I hope you'll understand that it is in my best interest to take proper care of myself before my life changes completely." And then I'll pop in something about not coming in ever again, except to pick up my paycheque and give her back her key. I would like to keep the key though, using that photocopier was really great.

Think she'll buy it? Got any suggestions? Quick, quick people, I think she'll call back soon wondering why the heck I'm not up at 1:30 in the afternoon.