Wednesday, August 06, 2003
What Sucks? My Job(s)!

Goodbye, social life!
Hello, varicose veins and back problems!

With about three weeks left of summer, I got another job. And I hate it. I loathe it and detest it. I hate it so much I might just start to cry. I work for JWR, stand behind a podium in the local Canadian Tire, accost customers as they walk into the store and try to convince them to sign up for a Canadian Tire Mastercard. It sucks. Bad. I have a quota of three sign-ups per hour to meet; I worked four hours today and left with a grand total of...three sign-ups. Maybe it's because I suck at what I do, and maybe I suck at what I do because I hate it! Though I have worked in retail for three years, there's something significantly different about having cutomers approach you and you approaching them as they try to look for all their hardware needs. I'm sorry that I'm annoying you as you shop, I really am.

The money, Shirley, the money. That's right folks, I've turned my practical cheek once again and am doing something because it pays well. At $10 an hour, I might just put up with this job from hell and grin and bear it for a few more weeks. Does anyone need a credit card? What about your parents? Relatives of any sort? In addition to free sign-up, you get a gift, there are no annual fees to pay and you get 20% of what you spend put back into your account in Canadian Tire Money! What's there to lose? Please, I'm begging you, please come to Canadian Tire and sign up for a Mastercard, my university education is counting on you! For the love of goodness, please help me meet quota!

So it's a record, three jobs at once, two of which suck ass. First, I get to be the clinic bitch at the VWC, now this. The Tea Shop is still great as I still love it there. The extra money will be good as I'm starting to buy all of my neccessities for next month.

To Buy:
- desktop computer
- answering machine
- twin-sized bedding
- 200 page, spiral bound notebooks
- highlighters
- masking tape/blue sticky-tac
- electric kettle
- mini-fridge

Plus, I felt so yucky after work that I went to the mall to relieve some stress. Seriously, work sucked so much that the only way I could make myself feel better was to buy a new pair of jeans, sweater and hoodie. At least they were on sale. I'll put them down as university expenses.