Friday, September 12, 2003
Ahmit Sucks

Monday: I see a poster, amidst the multitude of other posters, in the Concourse regarding the sale of used books. This one caught my because the guy who posted it is selling the Microeconomics text I need for only $25. "Wow! What a steal, the Bookstore is selling it for $58! I'm going to get his phone number right now and call him when I get home." I get back to my room and e-mail him instead because he did not put his phone number on the poster.

Tuesday: The bookseller guy named Ahmit calls me and leaves a message on my machine. I call him back as soon as I can. Not home. "Can you tell him that Shirley is extremely interested in buying the EC120 text off him? Thanks, Ahmit's roommate."

Wednesday: I am now on a first name basis with this Ahmit character's roommate, but I forget what it is at this moment. Ahmit never seems to be home and is fond of not returning phone calls.

Thursday: I call again. For the seventeenth time. I want that book dagnabit! I e-mail him. I call. I e-mail. Nothing. So I naturally assumed that this guy has sold his book and that I should look elsewhere. I make some other calls and find someone who's willing to give it to me for $40. A bit more than I wanted to pay, but beggars can't be choosers. I walk over, pay him, get my book, chat for a bit with his hosuemates (who sit outside and count the number of U-turns people take on their street; they're having a party at 200 and I'm invited), and go home. Half an hour later Ahmit calls back.

Oh you're freaking kidding me. You want to sell it to me for $25 now?!? I just paid $40 for another one half an hour ago because you didn't get back to me until it was too late! Jeebus Ahmit, you suck.