Thursday, September 18, 2003
All Work And No Play

First. New links. How did I miss you before?

Second. Nothing much.
It's Thursday night and that means it's party night here at Laurier. Most people don't have Friday classes or just don't attend them, so they go clubbing and barring and drink until their faces fall off. I, on the other hand, am sitting at my computer desperately trying to finish some applications for WLUSU, our Students' Union. I'm hoping to join First Year Council and take part in LSFL (Laurier Students For Literacy) and read to kids on Saturday mornings.

It's been a long day. I'm tired and feel like one big party-pooper. I know I'm perfectly capable of having fun, even especially in an inebriated state (oh believe you me, I can drink). Just don't spread that around. I'm not griping. And I'm not a loner. I chose to stay in tonight because I want to finish these applications and do my calc work for tomorrow. Fun is for the weekend. Why does it sound like I'm trying to convince myself?

Third. I was planning to come home this weekend, but with Isabel threatening to blow us all away while drowning us at the same time, my mother thinks it best for me to stay at school. I was looking forward to attending Coppard Glen's 10th Anniversary celebration on Saturday too. CGPS was my elementary school and I was there from the very first day that it opened. I remember this (among a multitude of other things about that place, but this is one of my favourites): The last day of classes before Christmas break, the entire school (staff included) fit into one of the classrooms and sang Christmas carols.