Tuesday, September 02, 2003
I'll Write About Halifax Eventually

Blogger has been down for nearly a week, and waiting to blog has nearly killed me. I won't start to rant and rave about how stupid this system can be sometimes lest certain people start telling me to use Moveable Type. You know who you are, and I don't want to see any comments about Moveable Type! I know it's good, but I'm happy where I am.

Speaking of being "where I am", here I am at Laurier! Packing was almost a nightmare, computer shopping was worse, but I did it. My room is so big that I'm convinced I didn't bring enough. So my daddy's comng back on Sunday to deliver more stuff. My counter screwed up and I moved in on Monday morning, not Sunday. Since that eventful day, not even 48 hours ago, I have cheered until I thought my voice was going to leave me, clapped until my hands stung, waited 2 hours in the rain to load a bus, seen Matthew Good play live, hung a chopstick from between my legs and dipped it into a water bottle, and made at least 25 new friends along with 25 new closets.

Frosh Week has been wonderful so far, and I'm having a good time, but...you wanna know a secret? Don't tell anyone, but...I really want to start school. Like, really. I want to do the real university thing; going to classes, taking notes, reading and highlighting, leaving residence to go study somewhere quiet. Shhh! I said don't tell! It's true, I'm a nerd. But I'm a nerd who saw Matt Good live! Man, that concert last night was a 2 hour musical orgasm. When I heard that he was the surprise person who was going to play, "Yes! Yes! YES!" came out of me. I squished my way to the front where I stood smushed in between other Matt Good enthusiasts, and together we head banged, sweated profusely and drooled over Matt as he pranced around the stage playing his guitar frantically. I asked him to marry me 3 times, but he didn't respond. SIGH.

Something weird: I'm considered the computer-literate one on my floor.