Wednesday, September 10, 2003
Judged By Its Title

Trying to get all my books for class has been a headache and a half. I'm getting most of them used to cut down on costs, but the time it takes is quickly adding up. Picking through posters in the Concourse, getting phone numbers, calling the people, arranging to meet them, handing over your money, and then doing it all over again because the stuff they sold you can't really be used in your class. Wee.

So today I headed over to the trusty Laurier Bookstore to make some hefty academic and not-so academic purchases. Both of my business packages, two texts for Classics, three used CDs (how could resist the Foo Fighters, Garbage and Me First and The Gimme Gimmes? I couldn't. That's the point.), and a book. I was lining up for the cash desk and out of the corner of my eye I see I Love You Like A Tomato. It was a novel of some sort. I picked it off the shelf, considered the way in which I could love someone like a tomato, and added it to my pile of literature.

I bought it. I don't know what it's about it. Maybe people. And tomatoes. But I won't find out for sure for a while because I have no time to read anything for pleasure. I don't judge books by their covers, this one has a pretty tame one and I still bought it. I judge books by their titles.

Post scriptum: I lied. I judge books by their covers too.
Oh come on, who doesn't?