Monday, September 22, 2003
Re: Previous Entry's Comments

It's funny, you all think I'm an alcoholic now. The truth is, I'm not. Hey, I managed to stave off alcohol for all of Frosh Week. Until the Saturday. What's funnier still, is the fact that I'm going to Filthy McNasty's tonight for Vicki's (one of my floormates) birthday. It's a bar. That is all I will say.

*ahem*

On my way to find a quiet place to read today, I noticed a man in a suit holding a microphone standing around in the Concourse. Beside him was a man holding a camera with CTV plastered over it. Upon closer inspection, it seemed they were looking for a Laurier Business student. Being the wonderful Laurier Business student that I am, I stepped up to him and offered my assistance. To make a long story short, I might have been on the 6 o'clock news tonight speaking my mind regarding deregulation. I think it sucks. Wahoo.

In other news (ha ha), I did end up going back to Markham Friday afternoon. It was wet and the trip took about 5 hours. I'd like to think it was worth it. On Saturday I went to CGPS's 10th Anniversary and it was there that I saw some old, familiar faces. The first was Mandy, the Mandy that I've known and adored since 4th grade, and on Saturday I was reminded of why this girl is so cool. She's an extremely talented musician and she also started up her own accessories line over the summer, Pinkstix Life Accessories. Give it a looksee.

House Council training yesterday left me tired and with a new pet. They gave every new HC Exec member a goldfish to demonstrate the "Fishbowl Effect" when it comes to being on House Council. "You're now in a position of power and influence, therefore others will watch your every move from every angle. Like a fish in a jar." Slightly creepy, but I think I'll deal just fine, thanks. I couldn't think of a good name for my new fish, so I'm just going to call him Fish. That's how original and creative I can be folks.