Thursday, October 23, 2003
Bookworm Lover

I am filled with strawberry cheesecake and hot chocolate. I just got back from a relaxing outing at Williams with some friends from high school.

Going out is something that I don't do very often here. I only noticed a few days ago that there really is no stopping at university. I had just gotten back from writing my Classics midterm and felt so relieved that all I wanted to do was sit there and feel the weight of the world being taken off my shoulders. But as I sat there, I realized that I could be reading this, studying that and doing the other thing which were all much better uses of my time rather than just sitting there and feeling good. It's almost as if I feel guilty for having a good time because that good time could be working time. I know, I know, balancebalancebalance. This doesn't mean that I deprive myself of fun here, because I'm having great fun. I'm just lucky that I like everything that I do (with the exception of business and economics).

Even reading has a slight enjoyment factor to it. There's something...Romantic about sitting in the Concourse at a table with a hot drink and sipping it as you turn pages. Or curling up on a comfy chair in the Torque Room with your shoes off and Goethe in your hands. There's...something, a certain je ne sais quoi, that is so attractive about people who read.