Friday, October 17, 2003
Calculus Friday

I had a thought this morning in calc class. For years I thought I wanted to marry a musician, somebody with musical talent to make up for my lacking in that department. That way our house would be filled with music all the time. But this morning, I realized that I might like to marry a mathematician. I don't like math, but I love the geekiness they exude. I love geeks. And mathematicians are as geeky as you get. My Grade 10 and 12 math teacher in high school, Mr. Mitchell who looked like Waldo, was the best math geek because he loved math. I mean, he really loved math. He told us that he thought about it in the shower and he dreamed about math and our class all the time. While some shuddered, I thought it was cute. My calc prof told us this morning that he had a favourite function. The Gamma function. I giggled.

I think I'd like to marry a mathematician. Or a musical mathematician. Oh man, that would ROCK.

The midterm was fine. That's all I'm going to say about that.

And the bathroom walk-in incident wasn't all that exciting. I didn't lock the stall because I thought that people would check under the door for feet before opening a bathroom stall door. I mean, the door closed tightly enough that I didn't think it needed locking. It closed very tightly. Well, I was wrong because I didn't lock it and someone opened it. We stared at each other, I said, "Oh, sorry." like it was my fault for wanting to pee there and then she says "Sorry." and closes the door. She ends up peeing in the stall next to me and I leave before she comes out. All is well in the end.