Wednesday, October 08, 2003
Falling Behind

When I procrastinate, I do a plethora of different things to waste my time. These include, but are not limited to: surfing the web, staring, doodling, changing my clothes, staring, eating, more staring, doing laps in my room, rearranging things, and possibly staring into space.

Tonight, I decided to flip through my old agenda from last year just to spice things up a little. The entries for October 7, 2002 were as follows:
-Karen Wong's B-day
-English Prose Test
-English ISP: 1st Interview
-Get Kristin to sign memo
-Photocopy acetate
-Study calc!
-Beothuk presentation
-Calc: p.64 #4-7, 12-14
-Sit in on Miss Miyauchi's Classs Per.10

I can't decide if life were simpler one year ago or not. It seems as though I'm as busy as I've always been, but here at WLU, I think I finally need to limit myself. School's no longer something I can ignore and come back later to (even though I do), and I can't possibly do all the extra-curricular things that I'm interested in or else I'd explode. I'd like to say that I'm finally growing a spine and learning to say no to all the people that hawk their wares around campus, but...well, I haven't exploded yet.

I can tell that I'm losing time for myself. I may be falling behind in business readings and calc work, but I'm falling behind on my life too. I haven't talked to my family in weeks. I cut my nails two days ago for the first time in about two weeks. I did laundry today simply because I'd have no socks to wear tomorrow if I didn't. I need to call my friends and tell them that I still like them. My room needs dusting and my phone bill needs paying. I need de-stressing. And a good sleep.

The good part is that although I sound like I'm more stressed out, I think I might be happier. Really.