Sunday, October 05, 2003
Friends

Nikole walked into my room today and saw that I had filled my fishbowl with potpourri.

"Shirley!!! It's like you're spitting on his grave!"
"Well, what was I going to do with it? Empty fishbowls are boring. See, now it looks pretty. And, it smells pretty."

She went on to tell me that the day after my fish had died, she and Lauren (her roommate), had walked all the way to the pet store to buy me a new fish. However, they arrived to find out that the store didn't sell any fish. Only pet supplies. Suffice to say, my fishbowl is still filled with potpourri. But the thought was there and that's what really counts. I thought it was incredibly sweet of them to go to the pet store to buy me a new fish, even though it never worked out. It's times like these that make me feel really good about being here. Making good friends was a bit difficult in the beginning, but now that it's happened, things are wonderful.